TEG2 Thermoelectric power module
TEG2 series modules are CUSTOM designed for liquid to liquid thermoelectric power generation and energy harvesting applications. TEG2 modules are designed for temperatures on the hot side below 200°C. TEG2 custom series modules are designed for maximum heat flow (TEG2-07025HT-SS) when using liquid to liquid designs because liquid can carry and take away extreme amounts of thermal energy compared to teg air designed systems.
Just the opposite is true for our TEG2-126LDT module (Bottom of page) it is designed for the opposite effect. Harvesting body heat requires slow moving heat to maintain an expanded DT. A thick element TEG module accomplishes just that with no seal so, there is no thermal bridge path. The DT is maintained guaranteeing effect power production with minimal temperature difference.
- 240°C Hot and Cold side maximum rating.
- Ceramic slit for multi thermal cycling applications both hot side and cold side ceramic.
- Lapped for multiple TEG modules on the same surface.
- Teflon insulation on the lead wires.
- Lead wire contacts are attached to cold side for extra protection.
- Offered in Graphite cover or plain ceramic
- Highest density heat flux possible in a 40 x 40mm module. Design of module will product the greatest power given the same Delta Temperature (DT). of any module commercially available.
- Ideally suited for liquid to liquid applications because of the exceptional ability for liquid to transfer heat. No other method is able to move heat as fast as liquid!
TEG2-126LDT for Body & Sensor Power Thermoelectric Harvesting Applications!
The TEG2-126LDT is a Low Delta Temperature module. Custom designed for “Internet of things” body and micro harvesting applications. Micro Scavenging heat to power sensors is difficult at best. All scavenging devices require autonomous power to be effective and long lasting without scheduled service appointments to replace batteries.
Most require maybe 1V at 20ma or more, some less? The main consideration is how to design a TEG scavenging module to provide the most possible power given so little DT (Delta Temperature) provided in the application.
The TEG2-126LDT thermoelectric harvesting power module is a cost effective TEG Harvesting power module that provides effective energy harvesting from minimal heat differentials. (Even high heat with low DT’s has the exact same principles). So, as long as a minimual temperature differential exists the tEG2-126LDT is the best device for the job.
Specially designed TEG2-126LDT.
- 40 x 40mm x 5.45mm thick
- No perimeter seal to protect against thermal bridging!
- High temperature construction up to 180°C (356°F) hot and cold side!
- Graphite pads on hot and cold side!
- Teflon leads for high temperature protection!
- Ceramic wafers that are 10 thousands thinner for reduced thermal resistance!
TEG2-126LDT, 40mmx40mmx 5.45mm overall thickness here are some plotted outputs!
Th=40, Tc=30C, Voltage at match load 0.2V, Amps at match load: 0.045A, Match load 4.5Ω
Th=60, Tc=30C, Voltage at match load 0.6V, Amps at match load: 0.11A, Match load 5.2Ω
Th=80, Tc=30C, Voltage at match load 1.1V, Amps at match load: 0.18A, Match load 6Ω
For higher temperature Thermoelectric TEG power modules go to:
- TEG1 Series Modules-they are designed for hot side up to 320°C.
- TEG1-PB Series Hybrid Modules working temperature up to 360°C
- CMO Cascade Modules working temperature of 600°C.
- CMO modules highest temperature thermoelectric modules available work up to an amazing 800°C with no degradation over 50 years!(cold side can sustain temperatures up to 600°C)